Monday, April 7, 2008

What the Red Sox said.

Always interesting to read the other side.
Comments form red Sox after the sweep in Toronto.

Josh Beckett: (who did NOT go on the road trip) While he was throwing 96-7 miles per hour, it’s not like him to allow walks, Beckett said he went through “normal fatigue”. “It’s not something I’m used to going through. I just have to get better with normal day-to-day stuff”. “I felt good healthwise, it wasn’t the results we wanted.”

Kevin YoukilisThere’s no more excuses,” “We’ve got to play the game. We’ve got to go out and play. Tired or not. We’ve got to find a way to win. There are going to be some days you’re tired, there are going to be some days you’re not. Now it’s time to go play. If we start making excuses, it’s going to be more of a negative. We’ve just got to stay positive. We’re 3-4. We’ve a long, long way to go. Teams that are top of their divisions now, you never know where they could be at the end of the year. For us, there’s 150-plus games left. Long way to go. Once we get home, all we’ve got to do is get our sleep, get our rest, just have fun. Play the game and have some fun”.

Delcarmen on ThomasHe’s had my number these last two times. I won’t say I’m in a slump. Just a long road trip for us and we’re excited to get back home”.

Terry Francona: “They’ve played better than us here. That’s for sure. They did pretty much everything better than us, and I include myself in that group”

Varitek's response to whether Beckett tired in his first outing of the season? "He's so doggone strong," the catcher said. "He's like a bull."

Dustin Pedroia: “I’m tired of hearing that (expletive). Yeah, we had to go to Japan and yeah, we had a 19-day road trip, but that’s the schedule, we have to accept it, no excuses. We played like (expletive) for three games and got our (butt) kicked, how’s that?”

Manny Ramirez: “It wasn’t tough,” Ramirez said about the trip following the Red Sox’ 7-4 loss. “It was great. “It was a good ride.” “That’s why you play the game for, to go out and have fun,” he said. “The trip was fun, man. I really enjoyed myself out there.”

Alex Cora on Manny: “He’s not putting negative thoughts in his mind, it sounds repetitive, but we have to go to Japan, we have to go to LA and we have to go here. He’s got a great attitude. He’s enjoying it, and I think he’s going to enjoy this season. He’s put that in his mind already, and that’s who he is going to be.”

and the last word of course from Manny.

Ramirez agreed with Cora. “I feel good, better than I ever have,” he said. “I feel great and I’m just having fun.”

No comments: